Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:09:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        ulf@Alameda.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Again, questions, questions

Ulf Zimmermann wrote...
> Ok, it seems I am now able to read and write to the Mylex system drive.
> it is still slow because the kernel is giving me a single block request.
> So how can I tell the kernel I can do more then 1 at a time ?

Are you going through a block or character device?

> And how can I tell the kernel the size of a drive ?

I assume this is sort of a disk driver (like da(4)) and a controller
driver (ahc(4), ahb(4)) rolled into one?

If so, your interface to the upper-level code will have to be like a disk
device.  That means you'll have a size routine that is registered in your
cdevsw structure.

You may want to take a look at src/sys/cam/scsi/scsi_da.c for an example
disk driver.  It has a routine, dasize(), that returns the size of the
disk.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry