Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:09:44 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        taurus@cave.garant.ru (Andrew A. Bely)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SB 16 with Vibra chip

> On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>
> > x11amp should work with the pcm driver.
> >
> x11amp DOES NOT WORK with the pcm driver for me. I have FreeBSD 3.0
> release installed, using AOpen AW35 (Crystal 4237B) with pcm driver.
> x11amp reports :
>
> Incompatible OSS Driversoss sysinfo=0: 0

which version of x11amp ? They guys at OSS were kind enough to
remove the above problem some time ago, in the latest (0.8 ?)
version. The only thing is, they released two versions of x11amp 0.8 (i
think) and only the second one is correct. i don't remember the
details, sorry, but if you look at their web site there should be a
pointer somewhere to the correct version (which is a pure freebsd
binary and the version is -- i am almost sure) 0.8

> More: using other mp3 players is possible (mpg123 and amp was tested) but
> there are short pauses (or breaks? - sorry for my English) in the sound.

strange... it seems to work fine here. And i do have an AW35 so i can
guarantee it works.

	luigi