Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 1998 21:54:59 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        "Jon Johansen" <digitech@mmadb.no>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with i4b and freebsd3.0, please help.

!!! Please do not send mail in HTML format !!!

"Jon Johansen" writes:
>I'm using FreeBSD 3.0 and I'm having some trouble
>with installing isdn4freebsd. I applied the paches. etc
>that freebsd 3.0 users must apply (as stated in FreeBSD/INSTALLATION).
>In FreeBSD/ i run 'sh install.sh', which runs fine. Then I 'cd ..' and
>do a make depend (which runs fine), and then 'make' which doesn't run =
>fine.
>It says it cant find the file 'y.tab.h' so I search my hd for the file
>and I find it in '/usr/src/bin/sh/y.tab.h' and I copy it to '/usr/src/
>i4b/isdnd'. Then I do a 'make' again, it doesn't come up with the error,
>but it comes ut with several new ones:

[lots of error messages deleted]

First of all, you definitely do not want to use the y.tab.h from the Bourne
shell sources. It has 0 relation to isdn4bsd.

Next, you are missing lots of patches needed to run i4b under 3.0R.
The current release (I assume that you are using 0.63) was produced at
a time when -current was nothing like 3.0R, and lots of things have
changed. For that matter, -current has changed since 3.0R. In addition to
these points, Hellmuth Michaelis (the father of i4b) always develops for
-stable, so the stock i4b release usually will not work with -current
anyway.

Patches to get i4b running under 3.0 have been posted to this list.
I don't have copies of them (I run the developers' version of i4b), but I
suggest that you use the search engine at www.freebsd.org to look through
the maillist archive.

There was recently a discussion related to collecting all the required
patches and putting them on the consol.de server, but that apparently has
not happened yet.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de