Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:37:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.rg.iupui.edu>
To:        archie@whistle.com, chuckr@mat.net
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM Jikes (java source -> byte code compiler) released in open-source form

> It's fast, but it barfed on the first file I tried to compile
> because it couldn't handle the inner class (I guess):

Jikes definitely can handle inner classes. I use it (the Linux version
of FreeBSD) for my own development for quite some months now and I
never had any problem that javac would not also have reported. I just
know my mistakes faster than with javac :-) For development, jikes
really saves an awful lot of time that you would otherwise have to
just sit back, relax and enjoy the waiting.

-Gunther

Gunther Schadow ----------------------------------- http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu
Regenstrief Institute for Health Care
1001 W 10th Street RG5, Indianapolis IN 46202, Phone: (317) 630 7960
schadow@aurora.rg.iupui.edu ---------------------- #include <usual/disclaimer>