Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 20:04:38 +0100
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        wosch@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: misc/8038

On 1998-12-13 12:15:15 -0600, Steve Price wrote:
> # I see only a missing trailing slash in
> # http://www.freebsd.org/ports
>
> I see those and a bunch more. :)  The attached patch fixes
> all the ones that I saw.

Homepages - e.g. http://www.freebsd.org - does not require a trailing slash.
Adding the / to the homepage is the job of the web browser,
not of the web server.

Albeit it is better to have trailing slashes ;-)
I don't know if all browsers conform to the standards.

> Ok, you can't update the files up for ftp, but you can
> correct the files that these get generated from. :)

Well, you have commit rights ;-)

Wolfram