Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:18:30 +0100
From:      "Gianmarco Giovannelli" <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: So we're stuck with using timidity now?

> > > OSS is better. Better at panicing my system. Lets use the homegrown
> > > solutions before we start implementing a _known_ buggy module.

I am a registred users of OSS, which I use on a box. On others boxes I use
Voxware and Luigi's one.

The problem of an average FreeBSD user is he doesn't have a sound driver
that has everything he need.
One driver lacks midi support (luigi), another that has midi support (oss)
fails in linux emulation (i.e. you play Quake2 without no sound at all) and so
on...

Thanks for attention.
Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli (http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco)