Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:00:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        donegan@quick.net
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, scrappy@hub.org, dcs@newsguy.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Postfix is coming. new uid, gid required.

> Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 08:41:33 -0800 (PST)
> From: "Steven P. Donegan" <donegan@quick.net>
>
> A possible plus for the (I think) minority where sendmail poses any
> performance issues - I found sendmail to be quite capable of a hundred
> thousand or so transactions per hour - for the few who need more - make
> it a port - not the default...

  rob kolstad found sendmail to be limited to 120k emails per hour
  (eph?).  its in a LISA paper he did recently.  see www.usenix.org.

  moving mailing list delivery from sendmail to postfix has resulted
  in noticeably faster service at lower loads and less memory usage.

  can you tell me about the sendmail configuration you are
  referencing?

jmb