Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 21:44:12 +875500
From:      Christian Kuhtz <ck@ns1.adsu.bellsouth.com>
To:        Scott Barron <sbarron@vvm.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble with Staroffice5.0

On Thu, Dec 31, 1998 at 05:44:03PM -0600, Scott Barron wrote:
>         I would like to add a note here.  I had the same problem described
> while running Linux.  My box has 96M RAM and about 130M of swap space.  Star
> Office would freeze in about the same place, but I was not so lucky to have
> regained control of my keyboard and hence had to do a cold boot.  After doing
> it twice I decided to heck with it and downloaded word perfect 8.  I have not
> tried anything on FreeBSD yet.  Has anyone attempted running WP8 on FreeBSD?
> It was a lot less resource hungry than SO4 on Linux.

WordPerfect8 works like a charm on a recent 3.0-CURRENT box.

Cheers,
Chris

--
"Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists."
	-- John Kenneth Galbraith

[Disclaimer: I speak for myself and my views are my own and not in any way to
             be construed as the views of BellSouth Corporation. ]