Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 19:49:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Aaron D. Gifford" <adg@infowest.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why won\'t TAR cooperate\?

To which Roman Katsnelson <rkatsnel@globix.com> replied:
>hi nutcase,
>
>can the tape be out of space at that point?
>
>hth,
>roman

I wish that were the case, but this is a new DLTtapeIV with a capacity of
35GB uncompressed or 70GB compressed on the DLT7000 drive.  A paltry
4GB file should easily fit.

That said, could this be a case of tar for some reason thinking the
tape was full?  How would I find out if this is the case?  How would I
tell tar that the tape's capacity is MUCH greater than the 250MB by
a factor of 100 or more?

Ideas and suggestions welcome!

Aaron out.