Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:49:06 +0200
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: State of the union, 1999.

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 09, 1999 at 10:47:50PM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> Release numbering:

Probably already covered, but I wanted to say that you should make a big
deal of this when it comes to people following branches.

If people think that the 3.0->3.1 jump is the same as say the 2.1->2.2 jump,
then there will be a big demand for a larger number of -stable branches. So
you need to make them aware that there will now be one -stable branch for
each major number.

Is the new tag going to be RELENG_3?

Regards,
 -Jeremy

PS Why didn't you go for FreeBSD'99? :-)

--
  |   "Come home my prodigal son, come home and lets be one,
--+--  don't want to see you cry, don't make me tell you why,