Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:37:03 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.0.0-19990105-SNAP install problems.

Hi.

  Yesterday I tried to install 3.0.0-19990105-SNAP at home, and had
some problems.

1) It could not recognize my distributions files at the DOS
partition.  I've done this lots of times, so the probability of human
error is small (although possible).  Is there any name convention
change in the directory structure (not reflected in the install docs)?
Or maybe a problem with VFAT and mixed case names ?

2) The fixit floppy is now mounted at /dist and not at /mnt2, thus the
default path does not include its files.

3) fbsdboot.exe (from 2.2.7 CD) cannot load its kernel (after
extraction from boot.flp, of course).  I did not expect this to work,
though (is this snap already with an ELF kernel ?).

Has somebody sucessfully installed this snap from a DOS partition ?
Thanks for any help.

BTW: In any case, I'll probably wait for the next weekend and get a
new snap.  :)

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro