Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:33:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        aa8vb@pagesz.net (Randall Hopper)
Cc:        prasadsr@umich.edu, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 8Meg Milleniums & XFree86 Direct Video bug  (was Re: FXTV - picture outside of fxtv window)

Randall Hopper wrote...
> Srikiran Prasad:
>  |>
>  |Thanx for the prompt response and I also have a Matrox Millenium II with
>  |8mb RAM. After I made the change in the tvcapture.c file all was fixed.
>  |I think that Xfree86 acknowledges the problem and actually 3.3.3.1 I think
>  |fixes it.
>
> That is good news!  Glad the hack-around patch worked, and thanks for the
> info.  This is the first I've heard of the XFree86 fix (Ccing the list to
> inform other Millenium 8Meg owners that might also have been unaware).

I don't think 3.3.3.1 actually fixes the problem.  I'm running XFree86
3.3.3.1 with a Millennium I w/ 8MB RAM, and I still have the problem.
(i.e., I need the hack to tvcapture.c)

One other problem I have:  when switch fxtv from ~640x480 (i.e., full size)
to ~320x200, or when I exit fxtv while it is full size (640x480 window), my
screen shifts one or maybe two pixels right, and one or two pixels down.

It more or less wraps around, i.e., the pixels that should be at the far right
wind up on the far left.  And the pixels that should be at the bottom wind
up at the top.

The wrap-around effect goes away when I move my mouse to the far right of
the screen, and then to the bottom of the screen.

This smells like an XFree86 bug, but I suppose Randall would have a better
idea on whether fxtv could be doing something wrong.

FWIW, I'm running at 1280x1024, 32bpp.  I can send debug output from the X
server or fxtv if that would help.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry