Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 1999 22:28:04 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        Richard Foulk <richard@pegasus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: List of supported RAID controllers ?

On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 03:47:49PM -1001, Richard Foulk wrote:
> } > One other thing to keep in mind is that most any SCSI-SCSI RAID controller
> } > is supported.
> }
> } Right, I forgot to mention that.
> }
> } > I believe they're using a Mylex SCSI-SCSI RAID controller on
> } > ftp.cdrom.com.
> }
> } Correct.  It's a Mylex DAC960SXI.  The other Mylex controllers are
> } real RAID controllers, however, and not currently supported.
> }
>
> SCSI-SCSI RAID controllers are real RAID too.
>
> And preferrable to the non-portable, non-standard kind, IMO.

Right.  I frequently use AVIstor (Infortrend) RAID controllers with
Seagate Cheetah hard drives in a RAID 5 configuration, all hanging off
an Adaptec 2940UW SCSI adapter.  Combined with Softupdates, it creates
the fastest disk filesystem I've ever used.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                    Black holes were created
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com             when God divided by zero.