Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 16:52:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      dan@ns1.wolf.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        pirate@wolf.com, arivera@flex.net
Subject:   "wd0: interrupt timeout:" meaning?

As the subject indicates, I've just started getting
messages like:

"/kernel: wd0: interrupt timeout:" and
"/kernel: wd0: status 58<rdy,seekdone,drq> error 0"

in my /var/log/messages (FreeBSD 2.2.8 running a
Celeron 333A with 256 MB RAM).  The drive in question
is a brand-new IBM DTTA-350840.

I assume this means that I'm pretty well screwed, and
better plan on replacing this drive ASAP.  Could someone
familiar with this particular error message advise whether
this is an appropriate assumption? Since I also just lost
a Quantum UltraSCSI drive this morning, I'm not having a
lot of luck with disk drives!

Dan Mahoney
dan@wolf.com