Date:      Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:28:48 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New CODA release

On Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 06:00:53PM -0500, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> Sean Eric Fagan wrote:
> >
> > Whiner.  You don't like it, go write your own.
>
> Ohh.. so everyone that doesn't like GPL is a whiner nowadays...The nice

No, the guy that was whining was a whiner.  The coders of Coda made up
their minds to go with the GPL.  The whining guy didn't try to
influence their decision, didn't present new reasons why Coda shouldn't
be GPLed, but was just bitching and moaning about it.  That's fine, but
then if Sean wants to call him a whiner, he won't be far off.

> thing of a filesystem like CODA would be being able to use it with a LOT
> of platforms (yes, including commercial ones with expensive suport)
> without the license getting in your way.

Yes, it would be nice.  No, it won't happen in commercial systems
unless the Coda people can be convinced to either not use the GPL or
provide an alternative licensing scheme.  That's life.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                     If I had finished this sentence
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com