Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 00:17:30 +0100
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adding DHCP client to src/contrib/

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 02:28:20PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> I am planning on adding the Wide-DHCP client to src/contrib/ and
> src/sbin/ in a few days.
speaking about DHCP-things (clients and servers) I would like to
hear from some 'export' on choosing a the 'right' dhcp-software
for FreeBSD.
I'm mostly interested in choosing the server part. In the past I
deployed only the wide-dhcp server from the ports collection; but
only because I somehow decided to test the wide-dhcp before the isc one.

A few days ago I had a look (triggered by a piece of samba documentation)
at isc-dhcp and found the configuration syntax somewhat more user friendly.

Are there any really hard facts on how to decide?

> The plan is to make a boot floppy / boot CDROM with a DHCP client on it.
fine.

Kind regards,
    Andreas

--
: TSE TeleService GmbH  :  Gsf: Arne Reuter        :                 :
: Hovestrasse 14        :       Andreas Braukmann  : We do it with   :