Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:29:49 -0600
From:      "Richard Seaman, Jr." <dick@tar.com>
To:        Geoff Rehmet <geoffr@is.co.za>
Cc:        "'hackers@freebsd.org'" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Star Office 5 woes

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 05:14:08PM +0200, Geoff Rehmet wrote:
> I've managed to get (what appears to be) a successful Star Office 5
> installation by following the transcript on lt.tar.com.
> However, when I try to register it, I run into the problem that
> I get a BASIC runtime error in the registration "wizard".
> I believe a number of other ppl have run into this same problem.
> Does anyone know how to resolve this?

1) Make sure you have your Office50/bin directory in your PATH environment.
That seemed to fix it for me.

2) Others have reported that reinstalling seems to work

3) Others have reported that executing the "fix install" or whatever
the command is called, has helped.

4) I think there are people who have not been able to solve this
problem.

--
Richard Seaman, Jr.           email: dick@tar.com
5182 N. Maple Lane            phone: 414-367-5450