Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 00:42:11 +0900
From:      SANETO Takanori <sanewo@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mfs behaviour change in last couple months?

I have 128MB of memory and 700MB of swap area on my PC.

I have 190MB of mfs, fstab entry of which is as follows:

swap            /tmp            mfs     rw,-s=380000    0       0

Recently (since the end of last year, I guess) I noticed that when
mounting mfs, heavy disk I/O occurs. It seems that mfs's VM space is
swapped (or paged) out when it is invoked (or when mfs newfs'es its VM
space).

Could it be because of an mfs implementation change? VM?

Any ideas?
--
Takanori "Roy" Saneto <URL:mailto:sanewo@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>