Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 05:21:49 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        wes@softweyr.com (Wes Peters)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, grog@lemis.com, Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk, desar@club-internet.fr, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UNIX license issues (was: Searching an "old" BSD stdio)

> > Also unfortunately, I don't have media, and I think media costs on
> > SVR3 still exceed $100.  8-(.
>
> I've probably still got Johnnie's set in a box downstairs.  It took
> a LOT of 1.2MB 5.25" floppies to store the entire SVR3 source code,
> you know?

It's OK, you're in the clear; they're dead by now.

> Now VAX/VMS source was really hard to get your hands on, but we had
> that, too.  Or, you could just get it the way Kevin Mitnick did -
> steal it from Rob Clyde.  ;^)

The VMS source license was on microfiche, more's the pity.  It's still
in "The VAX Cave".  You could get the source on mag tape, and you could
get a Bliss compiler ("Bliss is Ingnorance"), but they were too expensive.
I seem to remember it being a choice between Icarus and machine readable
VMS sources.

Heh.  We probably ought to take "old fart days" off the list, or at
least move it to chat (I've set the "Reply-To:").

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.