Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:24:48 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "David E . O'Brien" <obrien@nuxi.com>
Subject:   Re: LSOF import into base system?

According to David E . O'Brien:
> If people feel this is desired, I can easily bmake and import it.
> >From working with Vic Abell, I know he is interested in any
> problems/issues that we may find in LSOF if we find issues when
> scrutinizing it.

Well, the way I see it, Vic is already maintaining LSOF for so many
platforms that I don't see any real advantage in importing it. As long as
he can sync with FreeBSD internal changes (and he can because he has access
to such systems -- thanks you for that), we have a a working lsof.

That way, Vic doesn't have divergent versions (you don't plan to update
contrib/lsof for each change Vic makes to other platforms don't you ?).

To be honest, I would not miss fstat(1), even if it is good ol' BSD code, I
install lsof everywhere. Putting lsof features into fstat is just IMO a
waste of time and code.

Now, can we import Postfix instead ? :-) :-) [ducks and runs]
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #69: Mon Jan 18 02:02:12 CET 1999