Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 16:01:55 GMT
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Martin Collins" <CollinsM@csi.com>, "John Pfoestl" <100722.3450@compuserve.com>, "Karlheinz Eckmeier" <Karlheinz.Eckmeier@mch.sni.de>
Subject:   Compuserve + i4b + *BSD interfacing experience ?

Hi all,
Anyone have experience interfacing Compuserve to *BSD & i4b (or bisdn) ?
if so, maybe you'd be kind enough to drop
	"Martin Collins" <CollinsM@csi.com>
you email address, & maybe a sample config ? (He's a C programmer used to Unix)
I cloned him a
	FreeBSD-2.2.8 + i4b isdn 00.70
then another friend
	"John Pfoestl" <100722.3450@compuserve.com>
told me (in a noisy bar, so hope it's correct) that Compuserve uses
X75 over PPP ?.
I have no experience with i4b & cserve, I use 2 ISPs, one via "ipr" hdlc,
& one via "isp", using
	spppcontrol $muc_if myauthproto=pap hisauthproto=none myauthname=Pjhs \
        myauthsecret=`cat $HOME/private/passwd` callin
I guess I've left Martin one vital step short of connectivity, but that with a
few hints from you folks he could be up & running.
Thanks

Julian H. Stacey				http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/