Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 11:46:05 -0500
From:      MALCOLM BOFF <Malcolm_Boff@compuserve.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: The Complete FreeBSD

I would concur with those who have recommended that this book
would be better issued as a multi volume manual but I also
would wish to make a more important point. The current
publishers (Walnut Creek) may serve the needs of the US
community but are virtually unheard of outside the US.

I would like to see a review of this situation to consider the =

appointment of an international publisher say "O'Relly & Assocs".
so that we a) promote FreeBSD on a wider front and b) make it
easier to obtain a copy.

As an example if you lookup the book at 'www.amazon.com'
you will a) find it listed and b) find that it is out of print. Now
look the book up at 'www.amazon.co.uk' (same organisation
only in the UK) and it isn't even listed.

I have tried all of the major computer book distributors in the UK
and none appear to have it listed and the cost of buying it from
Walnut Creek is prohibitive.

I hope my points are taken as they are meant ie constructive
criticism and not knocking what currently exists.

Malcolm G. Boff