Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:04:06 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        viren@rstcorp.com
Cc:        kelly@pluto.plutotech.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starwars trailer?

Viren R. Shah wrote...

>  Ken> Sean Kelly wrote...
>
>  Ken> Yeah, works okay for me:
>

>  Ken> {roadwarrior:/a/ken/dl:36:0} ls -la trailer320.mov
>  Ken> -rw-------  1 ken  staff  25275508 Nov 18 10:44 trailer320.mov
>
> That looks like it is the first SW trailer, not the new one which just
> came out yesterday:

Oh, I didn't even know there was a new trailer.

> [vshah@jabberwock] ~/starwars> ls -la menace.mov
> -rw-r--r--  1 vshah  staff  26031487 Mar 12 10:25 menace.mov
> 863 [10:25am]                                                                   [vshah@jabberwock] ~/starwars> xanim menace.mov
> XAnim Rev 2.70.7.0 by Mark Podlipec (c) 1991-1998
>   Video Codec: Sorenson Video not yet supported.(E18)
> QT: Sections of this movie use an unsupported Video Codec
>  and are therefore NOT viewable.
>

> The new one has the Sorenson codec, which my version of xanim does not
> support. There's also an mpeg version out, but the only app that I
> know that can play that is mpeg_play which does video only (no
> audio).

Bummer.  Well, I don't know any magic tricks to get it to work.  I suppose
someone would either have to get an MPEG player that does audio too, or
someone will have to add support for the "Sorenson" codec to xanim.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com