Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:19:41 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vinum questions?

>     Anyway, the one hurdle I'm trying to get over at the moment is that
> vinum thinks that the devices /dev/da1c through /dev/da9c do not exist
> (they do -- I created them with MAKEDEV), and therefore it refuses to
> start the disks d1 through d9.  Without those disks, of course neither of
> the two plexes start up, and of course the volume fails to start as well.

     Once the plex has been created, you need to use names like
"/dev/da1" instead of "/dev/da1c" (the man page is wrong).  Just drop
the partition letter and use the name of the disk slice.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.