Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:49:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@pechter.dyndns.org>
To:        brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass)
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Swan song

> Everyone:
>
> Now, I'll readily stand up to flames from all sides when advocating
> a product (and believe me, I've had asbestos underwear handy ever since
> I first used Usenet more than 15 years ago). But when you encounter
> total negativism from the person or persons, you are trying to do
> doing advocacy FOR, it's time to leave.
>
> So, farewell. I'm sure you'll manage to run FreeBSD into the ground
> without me.
>
> --Brett Glass

Sorry to see you go.  I've disagreed with some of your points, but you
had FreeBSD as a priority which was appreciated.

I hate to say this, but Linux has won for the time being.
I'm considering a switch to NetBSD or Linux here at home because of
a number of problems with the direction FreeBSD has taken with the 3.x
and 4.x releases.

I've pushed hard to get FreeBSD into work, but I've begun working with
Linux at the office and it requires much less push to get it adopted.

Bill
---
  bpechter@shell.monmouth.com|pechter@pechter.dyndns.org
      Three things never anger: First, the one who runs your DEC,
      The one who does Field Service and the one who signs your check.