Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:48:53 -0800
From:      "Robert A. Bruce" <rab@pike.cdrom.com>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, rab@pike.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSDCon

Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org> said...
>On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Donald Wilde wrote:
>
>> Please visit http://www.thuntek.net/~dwilde1/advotasks.html, everybody.
>>
>> _Don't_ respond to this post, please start new threads for discussions.
>
>    FreeBSDCon October 19-21st. Walnut Creek is sponsoring this show.
>    There will be tutorials, demos, discussions, etc.
>
>I missed the announcement for that one.  Could we repost the details?
>When/where/etc? :-)

The planning for this is still very preliminary.  It is tentatively
scheduled for October 19th-21st, which is Tuesday through Thursday,
and we will stick to those dates unless it conflicts with something
else important.  It will be held in the SF Bay Area, probably either
San Francisco, San Jose, or Berkeley.

There will be some tutorials, some discussion panels, presentations,
etc.  You will get a chance to see the faces behind all these email
addresses.

We haven't set a cost yet, but it will be in-line with what other
conferences of this size cost.  There will be an extra charge for
the tutorials.

If you have suggestions on what topics you would like to see covered,
if you are interested in speaking, or helping to organize and run the
conference, or if your company is interested in being a co-sponsor,
please let me know.

	-bob