Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:51:26 +0200
From:      Anders Andersson <anders@sanyusan.se>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DES from source?

* Dag-Erling Smorgrav (des@flood.ping.uio.no) [990403 17:33]:

> Existing MD5 passwords will still work. New users will get DES
> passwords.

Thanks, but how do I get all my "old" users to use DES crypted passwords?

Maybe I just should purify my network to loose those DES boxes and run
FreeBSD md5 native only, that would be more secure and faster right?

Not necessary at all to use the crypt and secure dirs in /usr/src right?
If you dont need DES crypt that is, or is there any other advantage?

I hope not, because then I will be happy and do no more cvsup to
cvsup.internat.freebsd.org :-)

Cheers!

Anders