Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 05:20:20 +0900
From:      takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp
To:        Nick Hibma <hibma@skylink.it>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, dfr@nlsystems.com
Subject:   Re: newbus and modem(s)

In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.990418205350.3261E-100000@heidi.plazza.it>, Nick Hibm
a wrote:
>> Why would I say it wasn't ready? Because outside of core (apparently),
>> nobody was warned/told that this was going to be committed in a few
>> days/hours/minutes.

>I've ported the newconfig style USB code of NetBSD to FreeBSD and I
>really prefer the newbus style, because it is truly dynamic.

Simple Question.
If there were 'Closed'-Host-Controller-Interface with object-only driver,
Can the vendor make the Host controller  recognized without changing
usb.c code?

#That's what frustrated me while writing driver for smbus controller.

Takanori Watanabe
Public Key</a>
Key fingerprint =  2C 51 E2 78 2C E1 C5 2D  0F F1 20 A3 11 3A 62 2A