Date:      Sat, 08 May 1999 23:10:41 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   sPPP and TCP/IP services don't work ??

I keep getting mails which report that users can connect to their ISP
OK using sPPP, but no TCP/IP services seem to work.

Here's a diff to the FAQ which describes a possible fix.

Hellmuth, can you incorporate this ?

*** FAQ.orig	Sat May  8 22:56:21 1999
--- FAQ	Sat May  8 23:06:15 1999
***************
*** 605,607 ****
--- 605,625 ----
  Bart

  			(from Bart van Leeuwen bart@ixori.demon.nl)
+
+ 12. I'm using sPPP. I can connect to my ISP but no TCP/IP services work. HELP!
+ ==============================================================================
+
+ I think this only applies to FreeBSD.
+
+ This is probably due to the RFC1323 - TCP Extensions for High Performance
+ support in the FreeBSD TCP/IP stack.
+
+ This can easily be checked by doing ``sysctl net.inet.tcp.rfc1323''. If the
+ result is 1, then the RFC1323 support is turned on.
+
+ Turn this off by doing ``sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0''. Also, make
+ sure that tcp_extension="NO" is in your /etc/rc.conf (/etc/defaults/rc.conf
+ with more recent versions of FreeBSD) !!
+
+ 	(by Gary Jennejohn, see above for eMail addresses)
+

--------
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de