Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 02:59:13 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        imp@harmony.village.org
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apm on quantex h-1331 w/ pao 2.2.8

Hello, Warner Losh-san

imp> Hmmm.  Looking at the code, it appears that the bug is still present
imp> in -current.  One of the PAO developers sent me a patch which I could
imp> have sworn I applied and committed, but sadly I didn't.  Hmmm.  Let's

Shall I send-pr it? :-)

imp> tree).  I'll look at integrating it into the tree...

Thanks a lot.  I hope that we could exchange information
each other and work together.

BTW, my current small project is to develop apmd(8) and
support code in apm device driver.  I've just ported NetBSD's
driver code (apm_record_event() and apmpoll()), implemented
event filtering feature for user fetching (user can select which
event to be processed in user land).  Now we are thinking about
design of apmd(8) in PAO's mailing list. Any ideas?
I understand that development of apmd(8) is short-term solution,
we need to consider higher level power management system as
Warner-san and Hosokawa-san mentioned, so our implementation
will be simple as possible :-)

I'll post some patchs against -current after finish my work
on PAO for 3.2 if you are interested in it.

Thanks.