Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 1999 19:52:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "gil i. pollas" <rone@ennui.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Making egcs the default for building ports

Chuck Robey writes:
  On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, J. Heinrich wrote:
  > On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 04:01:26PM -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
  > > Most often, you can do:
  > > setenv CC (path to your egcs compiler)
  > > setenv CXX (path to your egcs C++ compiler)
  > But I'd have to remember to do this every time.
  certainly not.  Either stick it in your .cshrc (or the equivalent
  startup file for your chosen shell) or (far better) make a shell script
  that changes your PATH variable, or resets your path variable back
  again.

Unfortunately, that carries over when you want to build a kernel or
world.  Most of us probably don't want that.  Maybe there should be a
separate *CC variable that applies to the system build.  Perhaps this
should go to -stable?

rone
--
el mercado on the corner has grande bags of clues rilly cheapo.
				- Patrick J. Finerty <pfinerty@nyx10.nyx.net>