Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 14:05:30 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        caa@midgard.dhs.org (Charles Anderson)
Cc:        sheldonh@uunet.co.za, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdevsw changes broke world in vinum

Charles Anderson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 12:17:03PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> >
> > The offending line is:
> >
> > 	cdevsw[CDEV_MAJOR] = NULL;		/* no cdevsw any more */
> >
> > Should that be vinum_cdevsw? Or did I get unlucky and pull sources
> > between commits?
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Sheldon.
>
> I got the same error, I supped around 10, did a buildworld, look at the
> results later in the afternoon, saw the error, did a make dirclean, re-
> supped, and rebuilt, same error.  So I say unless the commits were REAL
> far apart, it wasn't between commits.

If you were reading the commit messages, you would have noticed that
phk said he mailed patches for vinum and i4b to the respective authors.
i4b has since been fixed (AFAIK) and vinum is waiting for Greg to stop
galavanting around China on his way to Usenix.... I doubt that he'll
be able to do anything for a few weeks. Just be patient.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137