Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:14:55 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   Re: vinum in -current

Ok, now that you have fixed the strerr() bug, I have another -current
vinum dilema...

I have 3 disks... da0, da1, and da2.  da0 has a 100M /, 200M /var,
2048M /usr, 512M swap.  each of da1 and da2 have 512M swap.
I have a vinum config similiar to:

disk drive1 /dev/da0s1h
disk drive2 /dev/da1s1h
disk drive3 /dev/da2s1h

volume data
 plex org striped 4m
  sd len 5000m drive drive1
  sd len 5000m drive drive2
  sd len 5000m drive drive3
 plex org striped 4m
  sd len 2000m drive drive2
  sd len 2000m drive drive3

When I "vinum create" this the last plex (doesn't matter if I reverse the
order of the plexes in the file, it is the last defined plex that this
refers to) is always in "status: initializing", and never leaves, the sd-s
of that plex are listed "empty".  Also, it lists the size of the volume
as 15G... *NOT* 19G.  This is true even if the 15G is listed second and is
in the "initializing" status.  This is -CURRENT as of today.  Any ideas?

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Systems Administrator/Research Programmer | Web: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~crossd