Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 01:47:45 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: category for mime library...

Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami scribbled this message on Jul 12:
>  * From: John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
>  *
>  * well, I was just about to port/commit my mime library that I wrote
>  * reciently...  and I was trying to decide what category to put it in...
>  *
>  * because of how it is used, it could go in either www, or mail, but
>  * mime doesn't have to be used for either... I did think about textproc,
>  * but mime isn't limited to 7bit or text...  so, I was thinking that
>  * devel is really the best place to put it...
>
> converters.  There already is kdesupport (which is really mimelib),
> mimepp, mpack and p5-MIME-Base64 in there.

geeze, I completely over looked converters, because for me:
Character code converters
makes me think of i18n and iso8859-1 and other things relating to the
actual character set, not the encapsulation....  maybe we need a better
description for this category?

and thanks, I needed an answer like this...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 541 684 8449
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  "The soul contains in itself the event that shall presently befall it.
  The event is only the actualizing of its thought." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson