Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:20:02 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   pccard and -current

I'm trying to find out what, exactly, the status of pccard is on
-current.  Since I've had my head in some experimental code for a long
time, I no longer have a good feel for these things.  Since this
experimental code is going to take a while, I'd like to try to address
whatever issues are currently present in the code.  I've spent the
better part of 4 hours this afternoon getting a good tree together.  I
have a good kernel, but need to do a build world, I think.

My guess is that old drivers are working, but new-bus drivers (fdc and
sio) are not.  Is that the case?

Also, are there any objections to my placing more explicit error
messages for failure modes in pccardd/pccard,pcic drivers?  I have
added some locally (which got me to the point of realizing I needed a
make buildworld).  pccardd's error reporting on plain old FreeBSD has
always been too oracular ("yes" or "no" w/o explaination) for my
tastes.

Warner