Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:57:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joseph Davida <jd@davida.com>
To:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mail to an aliased domain name

	The domain name MyHost.net is an alias for HisHost.net.
	When I send mail to user_name@MyHost.net, then on the
	machine where I sent the email from, I do mailq
	to check and see if the mail was sent. What I get is:

MAA05174        5 Thu Jul 22 12:39 someName.Com
                 (host map: lookup (MyHost.net): deferred)
						    user_name@MyHost.net

On Machine HisHost.net, file /etc/mail/sendmail.cw
contains the hostname MyHost.net
and /etc/sendmail.cf has the line
Fw-o /etc/mail/sendmail.cw

	So, what else is missing? Where should the host map be?
	on the sending machine or the machine providing the
	name services?

	Regards,

	Joe