Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 03:50:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   3d in 1280x1024

I was not sure about it, because I have an K6-300 only, but it turned out,
that it was a good decision to switch from a RIVA 128 card (up to 800x600) and
buy a new RIVA TNT card.

This one is relatively cheap, due to the new TNT2 and TNT2 Ultra based cards,
not to mention the new chip later this year.

Nice fast 3d animations in 1280x1024 and there are some additional 2d
optimizations in XF 3.3.4

(still lots of potential, because the drivers are not highly optimized
 and the protocol overhead problem will be tackled with DRI not before XF 4)

My xlock favourites:

    xlock -mode superquadrics  (morphing quadratic surfaces)
    xlock -mode bouboule       (stars)
    xlock -mode lament         (strange shifting box)

alas
    xlock -mode matrix

made me remember that I took the wrong pill :)

Regards,
Marc