Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:50:45 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        mmuir@es.co.nz
Cc:        iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: followup to apm problems.

[ CC'ed current again.]

> > I suspect some devices generate interrupt during suspending state,
> > especially PS/2 mouse.  Disabling the device driver or disconnecting
> > the device from PC might solve the problem.  Could you try one by one?
> >
> > > psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
>
> > I had the same problem with Logitech Cordless Mouse. It seems the
> > receiver is genetating intr time to time and wake my PC up from
> > suspend.  I reconnect it to COM1 as serial mouse, then the problem was
> > gone.
>
> I yanked the cord then rebooted, and it seemed to make a little
> difference..
> but it still came back after a while (2-3 mins)

OK.  Probably `slept 00:00:00 - 00:00:40' problem was caused by PS/2
mouse, I think.  Do we need something to do with psm on suspending as
well as resuming?

And it seems there still are other devices which wake your PC up in
2-3 mins time.
Hmmm, anyone has ideas?

> > > ed1: <NE2000 PCI Ethernet (RealTek 8029)> irq 3 at device 9.0 on pci0
> >
> > Is your PC connected to network?  Receiving packets might cause
> > resuming...
>
> Heh, thats hardly acceptable.. I want to use the network too! :)

Ahh, I meant just unplug cable tentatively to confirm.
# and uninstall NIC if possible :)
After the problem analyzed, we just try to fix it in proper place.

> Ill try disabling the other devices at a later date, its getting late

Please, please :)

> > Using apmd, it could be possible something like this;
> > /etc/apmd.conf:
> > apm_event SUSPENDREQ {
> >         exec "sync && sync && sync";
> >         exec "sleep 1";
> >         exec "camcontrol stop [device id]";
> >         exec "apm -Z";
> > }
> >
> > apm_event NORMRESUME {
> >         exec "camcontrol start [device id]";
> >         exec "/etc/rc.resume";
> > }
>
> Yep, that works well, except the device that /, /usr, /var, /usr/home is
> mounted on, spins right back up after spinning down.. (which i assume is
> supposed to happen?) is there a way around that?

At least, apm is in /usr/sbin/, apm -z touches /dev/apm and apmd
writes log on /var/log/ via syslog :)
Using `sysctl -w machdep.apm_suspend_delay=30 (or enough time for
spinning down)' and moving `camcontrol stop' to the end of command
list would be success.  Otherwise, please forgive me. :)