Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 03:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nick Sanders <fishy@netgate.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/7914: no elf(5) manpage

The following reply was made to PR docs/7914; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nick Sanders <fishy@netgate.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 21:27:06 -0700

 --------------FC2860753AEBAEE799FF5CE7

 I went through the man page again (the source this time, instead of a
 rendered version), and found that a few of my points (#5 and #10) were
 actually the result of my terminal settings being set wrong (thus some
 text was cut off).

 I attached a diff of the changes that I've made to this email.  The only
 issue I didn't know how to fix was #9.

 - Nick

 622F 07DD 2F14 86DB B4D1  B807 AACC D086 623A 67F6
 --------------FC2860753AEBAEE799FF5CE7

 132c132
 < This array of bytes specify how to interpret the file,
 ---
 > This array of bytes specifies how to interpret the file,
 327c327
 < Symbols defines relative to this section are common symbols, such as Fortran
 ---
 > Symbol defines relative to this section are common symbols, such as Fortran
 383c383
 < The main difference between the 32-bit and the 64-but program header lies
 ---
 > The main difference between the 32-bit and the 64-bit program header lies
 731c731
 < This section holds uninitialised data that contributes to the program's
 ---
 > This section holds uninitialized data that contributes to the program's
 744c744
 < This section holds initialised data that contribute to the program's
 ---
 > This section holds initialized data that contribute to the program's
 805c805
 < initialisation code. When a program starts to run the system arranges to
 ---