Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 01:33:23 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   [slightly OT] Win 95 upgrade CD & bochs

OK, this is a Windows question but since it's related to getting
bochs up and running it's FreeBSD related as well.

Does anyone know how Win95 determines whether you have a valid OS
installed before it will "upgrade" to 95?

I've got bochs installed an now am trying to install 95 but my CD
is and upgrade version and it keeps bombing out because it can't
find an OS that it valid to "upgrade" from on the hard disk.

Unfortunately I gave away my DOS 6.22 floppies so I can't put that
on.

I've copied MSDOS.DOS, IO.DOS, COMMAND.DOS from my real C: (renaming
them to *.SYS) and I've run FDISK /MBR, but still it complains.

How do I get around it? Anyone know?

--
STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.