Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 16:29:21 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Todd Meister <todd@LanMinds.Com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [slightly OT] Win 95 upgrade CD & bochs

On Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 09:19:21AM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> I keep my old OS/2 Warp install disk around for just this
> purpose. In fact, just for spite, Microsoft listed OS/2 as
> an operating system from which the user could "upgrade"
> when installing DOS 6.22! And said so, VERY prominently,
> in their manual.

Damn, never thought of that. I too have a set of Warp floppies
(guess I don't think W95 is an "upgrade" from Warp ;-) ). Anyway,
someone kindly made a image file of a Win3.1 floppy with dd(1) and
put it on an ftp site for me.  This did the trick. I now have Win95
running (albeit very slowly) as an application within FreeBSD. It's
rightful place some would say:)

--
STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.