Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:22:44 -0400
From:      scott <scott@chronis.pobox.com>
To:        Jason <jasonv@gate.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: su problems (More on this)

Looks like you need to examine the rc files for root's shell.

Su takes some things out of the environment, and then executes the
shell.  If the .cshrc or whatever is expecting the environment to
contain something that isn't there, it won't be so nice.

Perhaps you're prompt is missing some stuff from the environment?

scott