Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 1999 13:50:28 -0700
From:      dave@allunix.com
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Subject:   Re: Roasting Newbies

Mr. Lucas,

I think that you should concider the ramifications of posting that
particular how to doc on the web.

After all why should the FreeBSD community be bothered by people
who are not intelligent enough to make sure that they are posting to
the right thread?

Do we really care that companies like VMWare have no intention of
porting their commercial software to FreeBSD? After all it is fairly
easy to add that linux kernel to the BTX loader.

I had the audacity to reply to a recent posting on stable in which I
stated that the disks which were shipped to me from Walnut Creek
were not bootable and that this might be related to the problems with
the iso image. Of course I was promptly flamed. One reader even
accused me of trying to install the alpha port on my i386 box.

I do appreciate your noble efforts to help the people who, like myself
are not FreeBSD Guru's and could possibly get frustrated by the OS
by pointing them in the right direction instead of flaming them with
the famous but obscure "that is for questions"