Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:21:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: People getting automatically unsub'ed from -arch

In article <19991011124621.A3A0114BEB.kithrup.freebsd.current@hub.freebsd.org> you write:
>	only one comment.   i remove people from the lists whenever
>their email bounces.  the threshhold is approximately 30 messages in a
>24 hour period.   mail may bounce due to DNS problems, mail box full,
>MTA misconfiguration.  i also remove people that send vacation
>messages to the list.  oh, and spammers.

My mail _has not bounced_.  And yet I have been removed.

>	several people with recurring email delivery problems have
>written a script to monitor their subscriptions for them.

Goody for them.  Since I do not have recurring email delivery problems, there
is no reason why I should go out of my way.

And, interestingly enough, I'm not the only person this has happened to, and
all you can do is blame every single one of them for having "recurring email
delivery problems."

When are you going to realize there is a problem and admit it?  When are you
going to get it _fixed_?

Or is your life easier if there is nobody on any of the lists?