Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 19:12:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      clb <clb@logantech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Boot Problem

      Recently I replaced a failing hard drive in a Freebsd 2.2.6 system
with a new larger hard drive.  Everything copied well however I can't get
the system to boot off the new disk.  If you boot off floppy and then tell
it to load from wd(0,a)/kernel, the system will come up using the new drive.
Tried using bootinst.exe to install the boot block, but it didn't fix the
problem.  Did an fdisk and things look ok, except for the "Can Boot" column
which is set to no.  The other thing is that the root partition is now larger,
3.6G.  Have I exceeded an O/S limit?

      The output of fdisk is below:

Number=1
Part Type = 386bsd