Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:03:54 +0900
From:      Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        chris@calldei.com
Cc:        Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Subject:   Re: make_dev() warnings

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:40:33 -0600,
  Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com> said:

>> WARNING: driver xpt should register devices with make_dev() (dev_t = "#xpt/0")
>> WARNING: driver pass should register devices with make_dev() (dev_t = "#pass/0")
>>
>> Is this something that I should send-pr, or are these being worked on?

chris>    They're things that should be using make_dev(9) instead of
chris> whatever it is they're using.

chris>    If you want to submit a patch for those CAM devices to use
chris> make_dev, go right ahead!

It would help to add a new argument to .TNpNeNrNiNpNhN_NiNnNiNtN_Nt, so that a unit
number(or a periph?) can be passed from .TNsNyNsN/NcNaNmN/NcNaNmN_NxNpNtN.Nc:NxNpNtN_NfNiNnNiNsNhNcNoNnNfNiNg()
to .TNsNyNsN/NcNaNmN/NcNaNmN_NxNpNtN.Nc:NxNpNtN_NpNeNrNiNpNhN_NiNnNiNt() and the other functions. None
of the CAM drivers seem to call make_dev().

$BC+B<(B $B@59d(B(Seigo Tanimura)|$B2#IM9qN)Bg3XBg3X1!(B $B9)3X8&5f2J(B
=========================|$BEE;R>pJs9)3X@l96(B $BCf@n8&5f<<(B M2