Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:51:31 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Nick Hibma <hibma@skylink.it>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/cardbus Makefile.cardbusdevs cardbus.c cardbusdevs cardbusreg.h cardbusvar.h devlist2h.awk pccardcis.h

In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.991118145543.342H-100000@henny.jrc.it> Nick Hibma writes:
: Would it be an idea to patch up the differences and put the script in
: sys/kern/ (like makedevops.pl?), and generate the cardbusdevs.h and
: cardbusdevs_data.h file on the fly in compile/KERNELNAME/? Then we could
: get rid of the generated files from the src tree.

I'm game.  The pcmcia stuff also has generated files.  I'd like to
make sure that we can easily build them in the modules as well, since
the other module stuff has lots of icky things like

device_if.h: $S/kern/makedevops.pl $S/kern/device_if.m
	perl $S/kern/makedevops.pl -h $S/kern/device_if.m

bus_if.h: $S/kern/makedevops.pl $S/kern/bus_if.m
	perl $S/kern/makedevops.pl -h $S/kern/bus_if.m

isa_if.h: $S/kern/makedevops.pl $S/isa/isa_if.m
	perl $S/kern/makedevops.pl -h $S/isa/isa_if.m

in them, but that's a thread for a different list (I send mail off to
new-bus and bruce replied, but I've not read his reply yet).

Warner