Date:      Fri, 03 Dec 1999 11:14:47 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tty level buffer overflows

In message <199912030155.RAA02824@mass.cdrom.com> Mike Smith writes:
: It's documented in the sio(4) manpage, which is always worth reading.

Even reading the sio manpage is unclear.  All it says is that things
are too slow.  Steady state I don't get these, just every now and
again it happens.  No apparent correlation to the time of day, cron
jobs running, etc.

What I was wondering is if there is a way to, say, double the buffer
size.  Also, what is the number of overflows mean?  Is that bytes?
clists?  16byte chunks?  The overflow seems to happen just once and it
is always a number less than 1000.  I'd gladly spend an extra 1-2k of
memory to help my poor ppp machine over the humps.

Warner