Date:      Sat, 04 Dec 1999 13:24:53 -0500
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI DMA lockups in 3.2 (3.3 maybe?)

At 10:28 AM 12/4/99 -0700, Wes Peters wrote:
>Dennis wrote:
>>
>> There was a time that when someone reported a problem there was interest in
>> finding out what it might be. Now you mock the person reporting it. I guess
>> thats why everyone in the world is using linux. Its disheartening to
>> realize that things apparently wont be getting much better.
>
>If you're insinuating that Linux is more stable and reliable than FreeBSD,
>you're absolutely and unequivocally wrong.

All Im saying is that more people use linux because its getting better and
they are responsive to their community. Im comparing Freebsd 2.2.8 to 3.3
and citing that there are more problems with 3.3 than 2.2.8 Linux 2.2 was a
vast improvement over 2.0 whilst that clearly isnt the case here.

> Unless they're running your drivers. I'm perfectly willing to accept YOUR
DRIVERS might be less unstable on Linux than FreeBSD.

"less unstable". Is that a technical term? If you are going to make totally
ignorant statements at least try to get the semantics right.

DB

Dennis