Date:      Sat, 04 Dec 1999 13:48:08 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI DMA lockups in 3.2 (3.3 maybe?)

> >> Sounded very much to me like he was just vaguely griping about how slow
> >> and unstable newer versions of FreeBSD are compared to the good old days.
> >> Dennis will be able to clarify this for us all when he posts his benchmark
> >> specs.
> >
> >Dennis has been whining and griping about just about everything since
> >day one.  You can't realistically consider that sort of activity on his
> >part as any sort of metric at all.
>
> There was a time that when someone reported a problem there was interest in
> finding out what it might be. Now you mock the person reporting it. I guess
> thats why everyone in the world is using linux. Its disheartening to
> realize that things apparently wont be getting much better.

Actually, you may recall that when you first brought this up this time
around, I (and others) _did_ try to find out what you were actually
unhappy about.

Spectators will note that you haven't actually given us anything useful
to work with; no PR numbers, no code fragments, in fact nothing
whatsoever of any substance.

Thus, I feel quite comfortable in reassuring other developers that your
hysterical complaints shouldn't be taken as a cause for alarm.  If and
when you have something that actually looks like it might be enough
evidence for us to work with, we'll take you seriously.